A week or so ago we attended the Rilo Kiley concert. They happen to be one of Stacy's favorite bands, and fortunate enough for me, they're one of the few female-fronted acts I can actually tolerate (ok, I'll just go ahead and admit it, I like them). Rilo Kiley is fronted by child star Jenny Lewis and while most the world thought she peaked as Hannah Neffler in the semi-hit Troop Beverly Hills, she's actually been honing her music skills and turned into quite the successful recording artist. And by consequence, she's also become the sexy pinup girl for the indie rock world. Which is strange, really, since she basically looks like a walking corpse. But, she does turn out some fantastic music. In fact, the recent issue of Spin magazine called Rilo Kiley "the next Fleetwood Mac." I'm not sure if that's a compliment or a diss, but at any rate, they really seem to be breaking out.
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment