
Lately our blog has been filled with reviews of music and movies, and never ending posts about this season's outcomes with the Utah Jazz. All I can say is....boring! I have decided to take it upon myself to revamp our blog and add a little feminine touch that has been long overdue.
We have been living in Seattle for about two and a half years now and have loved every second of it. Seattle really is a great city but lately I've been feeling like I'm just done living here. For me, Seattle has become too much like home. I have roamed all the different neighborhoods from Madrona, to Ballard, to Wallingford, etc., and have experienced all the fine dining and small boutiques the city has to offer. I used to love getting in the car and exploring different areas, hoping that I would get lost so that it became a small adventure finding my way home. This rarely happens anymore because I've become too familiar with my surroundings.
So, I'm hoping that when Tyler finishes school our next little living adventure will be N.Y.C. From a young age I knew I was meant for the big city. In fact, the running joke between me and my family is that I missed my calling in life and that I should be tap dancing on Broadway. I've only been to N.Y.C. one time (for Jason and Erica's wedding-which will go down in history as being the best wedding of my life!) but I was instantly in love!
On Friday we had a primary activity in which Sara made scripture cases for all the kids and teachers. Then, she brought puffy paints for us to decorate them. I decorated mine with the letters: I heart (the shape) N.Y. Just like the t-shirts that they sell on the streets. But as it turned out my little design was a hit. Milo asked me if he could have mine and being the mean and selfish primary teacher that I am, I said no.
So, Lady Liberty, if it is meant to be, then I solemly swear to never complain about the freezing weather in the winter, the humid hot weather in the summer, or the rats. I'll be there in a New York minute!
4 comments:
Personally, I like the feminine touch, any picture is better than no picture!
I can guarantee you will not run out of restaurants in NYC. Please, please move to the big apple.
NOOOOOO! Don't move away to NYC!
I did really like your scripture tote. Can I have it?
We are going again in August. We will bring you back something.
Post a Comment