I have to say that I have no reason to complain about my job because it is basically the easiest job ever. It is the only job that I can think of where I can have every weekend and holiday off, I can pick and choose which days I want to work, and still be able to come away with some decent pay. It is probably the closest thing to being a parent without dealing with all the disciplining (well, not all of the disciplining anyway), bath, bed times and sleep deprived nights.
I thought I would post a few comments and phrases that I find myself saying on a farily regular basis:
1. Did you wash your hands? With soap? (You would be surprised how many times "no" comes out without hesitation.)
2. Mommy doesn't want you to do that......she told me.
3. What do you say?
4. Please share....
5. No I don't want to pretend that you are killing me, putting my body in the oven, and eating it for dinner! It's not very nice! (I'm not kidding, this is an actual conversation I had with a 5 year old today.)
6. Shhh........the baby is trying to take a nap.
7. It's really sweet that you want me to stay for dinner, but I need to get home so I can eat dinner with my husband.
8. I'm sorry that my car doesn't have four doors like your mom's, but mine works just as well.
9. Please, please, please can we start your homework now?!?
10. No, you can't go in there. Mommy is trying to work!
This is an exchange that I had with a 12-year-old girl that I thought was really funny. We will just refer to her as Jill.
Me: When is your birthday?
Jill: November 2nd. My birthday was on the same day that President Bush was re-elected. Some birthday present for me!!
And before the birthday conversation, Jill had just got done singing me eight verses of her made-up song about Captain Jack Sparrow. *sigh* What a day.....
2 months ago
3 comments:
you say the same things a Kindergarten teacher says. If you ever want to switch professions, you've half way there.
For some reason no one will hire me as a nanny.
stacy- thanks for the lipstick info. I will have to tell Soph that power gloss isnt the best. Nanny, kindergarten teacher, mom. you will say those statements for the rest of your life!!! Cute post. love the girl vibe on here. you go girly.
Post a Comment