Many of the ancient Greeks, including Plato, argued that 10 was the perfect number because of its spontaneous existence in nature (think 10 toes, 10 fingers). Recently I have noticed that a number of things I love have been affiliated with the number 10.

The album "Ten" by Pearl Jam is one of my favorite albums of all time. The band chose this name because it was coincidentally the number of their favorite basketball player: Mookie Blalock.

In Rainbows by Radiohead was my favorite album from last year (I know I annointed Neon Bible #1 in my music post, but I love them both equally) and was released on 10/10 (the physical release followed on 01.01.08) and was linked to a "tenspiracy" because of all the coincidences it shared with the number 10 (for more on that see here: http://puddlegum.net/radiohead-01-and-10/).

Most know that I love the Utah Jazz and many may also know that their longest winning streak since 1999 ended last night at the hands of the Sacramento Kings. Before its demise, the streak reached ten games and the Jazz became just one of three teams this year to have a winning streak reach double digits (the others being Portland and Detroit). A look at the streak:
1/18 Lac W 106-88
1/21 @Lac W 109-93
1/25 Sac W 127-113
1/27 @Hou W 97-89
1/28 Sas W 97-91
1/30 Nyk W 100-89
2/1 @Was W 96-87
2/2 @Mem W 110-91
2/4 Nor W 110-88
2/6 @Den W 118-115
And, of course, my hot wifey was born in the 10th month of the year. Maybe the ancient Greeks were right.
10 comments:
Not to mention your link list just grew "10 fold"...
I THINK YOUR ON TO SMOETHING I USE A MACK TEN FOR MY DRIVE BYS AND I ALSO SMOKE TEN BLUNTS A DAY.
APPARENTLY IM SO HIGH I CAN'T EVEN SPELL SOMETHING
I just really hope that this means you are having ten kids.....
ashley
Ha! Drop the 0 and you'll be getting close.
I second Ashley's comment, and perhaps John should have read this post before eating his "11th" dino nugget. Ten may have been perfection.
I just thought of another one...10 the combined number of times Kerry Wood and Mark Prior were on the DL in the last 3 years.
-Casey
I found your blog! This is great! Tyler, I like all your 10-isms. I'm with Stacy- all the basketball talk is BORING. Rob enjoyed reading it though so I guess it's good to have a little of the masculine and feminine talk all on one blog. Rob thinks our blog is too "girly"...
Don't forget about Obama's 10 in a row!
Ben
inquiry tough centie calendar discretion storing kevin recipients howes materially azerbaijan
lolikneri havaqatsu
Post a Comment