Sunday, March 16, 2008

New York I love You

Last weekend we had the opportunity to visit our friends, Jason and Erica, in my all time favorite city. They were kind enough to let us stay at their place where Jason made us pancakes in the morning, and Erica let me use her sea salt facial scrub. It was like staying in a hotel, only better since it was in Harlem! We had so much fun and it was great to see Jason and get to know Erica better. Thank you Jason and Erica for letting us crash at your place and showing us around your wonderful city for three days. Oh, and Jason, thank you for marrying Erica!


Me and my new bff, Erica. There are many reasons as to why I love her. She is sweet, genuine, funny, and just a beautiful person all around. Also, she is just about the only person I know that would give me a foot massage after walking around the city all day! She truly is tres magnifique! And did I mention that I love her?

Me and Tyler laying in front of a mosaic tribute to John Lennon in Central Park.

Entering Strawberry Fields

Tyler, me, and Erica standing in front of John Lennon's old house (Yoko Ono still lives there), and he was shot on that same side walk where we are standing.

On Sunday, we walked the Brooklyn Bridge. It was really cold and windy out but it was a nice walk with spectacular views of the city.

Me, Tyler, Erica, and Jason enjoying some cannolis in Little Italy.

Tyler and I love Andy Warhol so we couldn't resist taking a picture in front of the classic Campbell's Soup montage. My favorite is minestrone!

The original Starry Night by Van Gough at the MOMA.

Jason and Erica took us to an underground improv comedy club. It was so hilarious and entertaining!

Me overlooking the city on "the top of the Rock."

Tyler and the Radio City Music Hall.

My version of Wrigely Field -- Bryant Park, home of New York City's famed fasion week.

Tyler's addendums:

- Seeing Starry Night in person was one of the those rare transcendant life experiences that only happens every so often. I felt like Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting when Robin Williams tells him, "you have no idea what it's like to sit in the Sistine Chapel, look up, and see that beautiful roof." I have seen reproductions of Starry Night for as long as I can remember, and to finally see the real deal was truly amazing. Definitely an experience I'll never forget.

- Jason took me to see my dream restaurant, Thomas Keller's Per Se. I stood outside and gawked at the oh-so-fortunate diners who were about to experience one of this country's greatest eating experiences. I picked up a menu outside the door and stare at it on an almost daily basis. The menu is a prix fixe set at $275 per person (with the potential to be more if you choose to substitute certain courses), but with everyone who reads this blog as my witness (that would be you, Stacy), I will eat there someday!

10 comments:

Heidi Louise said...

How fun! I seriously can't believe the odds that we were in New York the exact same weekend. We, meaning I, suck as a friend and should communicate better! But from the looks of it, you guys had as great of time as I did.

Oh and I had no idea that Portland was so far from Seattle. For some reason I thought that since Seattle is like 3 hrs. from my parents and Portland is about the same that they were closer to each other. My bad! But I do want to meet you someday Stacy. I think we would get along very well!

RETTJ16 said...

Henderson, all that crap about a blurry painting by some one eared crack addict made me teary to be certain but in order to truly have a taste of the big city Jason should have taken you to the greatest spectacle east of the mississippi. two words

"BARE ELEGANCE"


PS Erica never gave me a damn foot massage although Jason did give me a lap dance

john said...

i too love the nyc. and i too love a good jason lap dance.

john said...

hendu, try the dodo's album. pretty good. and there is a song about my wife.
grand archive sounds pretty good.
kind of a 70's rock/pop vibe too it. A little division bell era pink floyd. a little CSN. overall, nice suggestion.
thanks.

Tyler and Stacy: said...

The real CSN-ish vibe is coming later this summer with the Fleet Foxes debut.

Just downloaded the Bon Iver album. You sure have a soft spot for the "sensitive guy with guitar" persuasion of music.

I'll see what I can do about The Dodos.

Jenny H said...

Tyler
So, I've been "viewing" you for a while now and thought I'd say Hi. Bill thinks your comments on people's blogs are pretty funny, and we loved the post a while back about the Jazz.
Good to see you're doing so well and your wife is gorgeous! I've never been to New York...so I am jealous of your trip.

Jenny (Payne) Howe

sterlingandbrandi said...

Geez Hendersons. I get nagged every other day if I don't do a Lily post. Get some new info up in this joint!

sterlingandbrandi said...

For me Jason's lap dances have gotten a little stale since he got back in shape. I like a little jiggle in my wiggle.

Tyler and Stacy: said...

Um...who would you rather read about, us or Lily?

The answer that question is so plainly evident I can't believe I even took the time to type it out!

Bbells said...

are you guys really laying on the ground?