Tuesday, March 4, 2008

You did what???




Monday was truly a breakthrough day for Tyler. He did something for me that would make any girl swoon. Let me start from the beginning. I didn't have to work on Monday so I decided to sleep in. As I was waking up, I figured that Tyler had already left for class so I laid in bed a little longer and read a book. I decided that I should get some breakfast and this is where I discovered that the kitchen look a little different and tidier than usual. Tyler had taken out the trash and all of the recycled goods WITHOUT me asking him to do so! Now, for many of you this may not be a big deal, but for me, I was thinking of declaring it an official holiday. Many times when I ask Tyler to take out the trash, I have to add a sharp and to the point....tonight! Which usually ends up meaning that it goes out 4-5 days later. There have been many times that I have nicely placed the garbage in front of the door so he can't forget, and I kid you not, he will just move it to the side and be on his way! So Tyler, thank you for making your wife the happiest girl in the world. You should be rewarded!

9 comments:

Tyler and Stacy: said...

See guys, it's all about lowering expectations. When your wife doesn't expect much out of you, even menial tasks like taking out the garbage make you look like a hero.

RETTJ16 said...

Wow--I am impressed. Of course the only thing Rett actually does do when I ask is to take out the trash! He knows if he doesn't I am not afraid to put that full garbage right on his pillow in bed!! Hey it works!

Bbells said...

oh honey....do not reward him for things he is suppose to do! its like rewarding a drug addict for being sober...i dont really get it.

mandy & ben said...

Since Tyler has been such an influence on my husband within the music scene, I can only hope his "taking out the trash/recycle" talents will rub off as well! :)

Kysha said...

It's so intresting how they really don't see the garbage there, or the socks on the floor, etc. Oh, I say praise, praise, praise! They're not that complex, much like a dog or a child--positive re-inforcement can go a long way. Casey routinely looks at me while emptying the dishwasher and says--"I am SO trained!"

Ashley C. said...

oh the things we find romantic. Way to take out the trash tyler. here is to many more of those moments.....

Heidi Louise said...

Way to go Tyler... here's a pat on your back from Belnap!

Hey Tia and I are coming to Portland over Easter. Any chance you guys want to meet up with us? We are pretty cool you know!

Tyler and Stacy: said...

What dates are you going to be in PDX? We may be down to cruise over and see you guys.

Actually, send me an email and let me know what your plans are. henders4@seattleu.edu

Unknown said...

It's sad and true that the menial tasks make you look like a hero.

But Tyler, now just imagine how much more action you'd get if you did that on a regular basis...