So, the Jazz got blistered by the Spurs tonight, and while I would have liked to seen a more competitive showing, it seems things worked out for the better. I honestly think we have a better chance of taking Houston without homecourt advantage (a rematch of last year's first round) than we do San Antonio with homecourt advantage. Game one is on Saturday in Houston, so you have exactly two days to get your 'A' games ready. Prayers, fasts, extra tithing and other expressions of faith are encouraged.
Sterls, I will miss cheering on our beloved Jazz with you this postseason, but your spirit lives on in the Mile High City. Tune in and make sure Lily watches -- her karmic powers are unstoppable. Bells, I will again enjoy cheering on the Jazz with you and will probably seek refuge at your home should Stacy kick me out of ours (which is distinctly possible). Connors, tuck away the kids safe at night and be ready for tipoff. G, get the TIVO ready and prepare for some sleepless nights, and I promise to keep the f-bombs via text to a minimum. Rett, I will not promise you the same. KC, stay away from me with your dogged pessimism, I'm trying to channel positive energy right now.
The rest of you, get ready by watching the video clip posted below. Oh, and please try not to tear up as you watch it. I'm as emotional as you are about the Jazz but was able to hold back (barely).
Alright, LET'S GET IT ON!!!
2 months ago
13 comments:
I concur that the Jazz are in a better situation with the loss but COME ON!!! I felt like I was watching Saturdays game against the Nuggets, but this time not so much gloating.
P.S. Nice touch on the vid. You are a true fan.
Last night sucked, but in the end okay. I hate Tracy McGrady and want to see him cry again-it always brightens my day.
My family will be dressed and in head to toe jazz gear and be ready.
Love the video.
DUDE, THAT VIDEO WAS SOME AMAZING SHIT I WATCHED IT LIKE 8 TIMES THEN WENT OUT AND DROPPED 12 3'S IN PICKUP ON SOME UGLY DUDE WEARING A KOBE JERSEY.
GOD BLESS YOU
R
Thanks Ty. Really, thanks a lot. I will get no sleep tonight with Sterling laying beside me gently weeping into his pillow after watching that video. Thanks. (And no way am I subjecting my daughter to more jazz games, remember how last summer Stacy and I always came home after a Jazz game to hear how Lily had uncharacteristically lost her shit? I think that was proof enough.)
This is Brandi, I am retracting my former statements. I apologize to anyone that I have offended. I was temporarily out of my mind. I love the Jazz and I would like to this oppotunity to say that I pledge myself body and soul to the baby blue and purple and declare myself this day a Sloanafile!!
Ster wishes. I am actually finding myself a bit of a Nuggets fan.
I have to say that i got teary when i saw "Where money happens!" Thats my boy #13!! Thanks for such a great video Tyler! And go Jazz!! Jill
Tyler is so mad at me because I am making him go to our ward's first primary talent show on Saturday night. He keeps crying about it but we need to support the kids in our class, right? I told him to put in a tape (we don't have DVR) and get over it! Brandi where are you when I need you....!!
Are you kidding me Stacy? Rett won't even get up to go the bathroom during Jazz games...for fear of missing something! If i were to suggest or plan something that fell on a game night (especially as big of a game as this is) Rett would dis-own me! Good luck to you, and good luck Tyler!:) JILL
Ps Tyler...Jazz games wouldn't be the same without you texting Rett about how good or bad they are doing!!:)
The Nuggets? The freakin' Nuggets? Will someone please remove the knife Brandi just stuck into my heart?
Stacy I'm with ya on this one. Remember last year when we thought "playoffs" equaled "finals" and they kept going and going... (Ster told me that they played 17 games in the last playoffs - that we had to find something to do during each one!)
Ster is watching game one right now, and tried to convince me that the playoffs are ALL important with an interview of some bastketball player saying how the playoffs are where history is made. To which I replied, "yeah right, quit blowin' smoke, nobody is going to do something that hasn't been done before."
So Ster went and pulled up Vince Carter jumping over a 7ft dude on you tube, which was crazy, but I think still begs the question, why waste your time watchin' all the other shiz just in the hopes of seeing something you can watch later on youtube in 20 seconds?
Go to your talent show Stace.
little help here-
for the first two rounds last year I only LISTENED to the games.
for the 3rd round I watched it.
Could it be that the Hot Rod-John Connors connection brings victory? What should I do?
I find Hot Rod's negative attitude and frustrating. He gives up on the jazz too easily. Direct quote from last year- "oh they blew it. They blew it. it's over." (this was with probably 5 minutes left in the game, which the ended up winning.) But I don't want to compromise the jazz just for my own selfish hot rod hating.
Tonight, I resisted watching until I knew they could win it.
what should I do next?
JC, there's only one way to go, you have to watch the games.
Post a Comment