Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Rant

A quick story, since it just put me in a bad mood. I drove Tyler to school due to the fact that it was raining today, and as I was about to pull into our parking garage I noticed that there was a car in front of me with a Utah license plate and a BYU sticker in the back window. I have never seen this car in our parking garage before so I decided to go and introduce myself. Let me just say that doing something like this is going way out of my comfort zone. This is something that Tyler would feel comfortable doing, but this type of stuff makes me feel uncomfortable. So, I walked over and explained to them that I saw their plates and that I was from Utah, too. I asked them if they were new to the area trying to learn more about them and possibly make some new friends since there are so few Utahns/LDS that live in our building. They completely blew me off! They acted like I was some kind of crazy person barging in and invading their personal space. They said that they were only here for the summer and that they were moving on Monday. The conversation quickly turned awkward so I just said, "okay, nice chatting with you" and walked away. I left so irritated and annoyed because this is something I don't normally do and was trying to be nice. So annoying....

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

I am moving to Boston next month. So you can come anytime. I really do want you to come visit. We could have a lot of fun! Lets keep in touch.

RETTJ16 said...

Stacy, I feel your pain if you heed my advice it will make things alot easier. Just figure that everyone is an A-hole until they prove otherwise. And if you see those people again hit them with your car.

Rett

Tyler and Stacy: said...

Rett,
I took your advice but unfortunatley they left a big dent in my fender.

E.F.G. said...

Ewww! So nice that you tried. Maybe they aren't the type who deserve your fabulous friendship.