Friday, June 19, 2009

the good with the bad

After coming off a high from Tyler's graduation, things quickly began to go downhill for us. Chloe our car (yes, we named our car) died and we recently found out it might cost more money than it's worth to fix, so we are totally bummed. Next, our computer monitor screen broke so we were without internet for a week or so until my wonderful sister bought us a brand new one for Tyler's graduation. Thanks sis! And finally, we don't have cable, and although we chose to not have it (too expensive these days), before the digital conversion we would at least get two channels that would entertain us with shows such as: Gossip Girl, Smallville, That 70's Show, and Court TV to name a few. But now, we don't get a single channel!! I'll admit that some days it's nice and I find myself living a very productive life; but without it you almost feel like you have no connection to what's going on in the world outside your apartment and the TV starts to feel kind of crucial. I have a feeling we are going to look back on this one day and just laugh, but as for now, it's not very funny!

2 comments:

Shana said...

That really bites.

Heidi Louise said...

Good news... you can watch Gossip Girl online. That's what I do since I am usually not home when it's on. I watch it on fancast.com and to be honest with you I watch most of my tv online since the other shows I watch are on abc and you can watch all of theirs on abc.com.

Hope that puts a smile on your face. Sorry about all the crappy things. Hopefully good things are in store for you!