We took a quick trip to Utah a couple weekends ago to hang out for a few days. While there, KC was kind enough to hook us up with some tickets to a Jazz game he wasn't going to be attending. Stacy had never been to a playoff game, so she was pretty stoked to go, and I have to give her credit, she remained completely engaged in the game for a full three quarters (a record). But in the 4th quarter she noticed Apollo Anton Ohno was there, and at that point I think she forgot about the fact the game was still going on and went on full-time Apollo watch. With the game still hanging in the balance and the Jazz clinging to a narrow lead, I fielded the following questions: "do you think he lives here?"; "who do you think he is cheering for?"; "do you think the girl sitting next to him is his girlfriend?"; "why won't security let him into the tunnel?"; "do you think I could get a decent picture from here?"; etc.
Seriously? Who gets excited by Apollo Anton Ohno when you're in the same building as Deron Williams? Deron has won a gold medal more recently than that guy! I'll never understand women.





PS: We also attended Tawni's graduation from Weber State -- proud of you, little sis!
6 comments:
that was an awesome story. look tyler, its hard to stay totally interested in all 1000 jazz games that there are in a season. i barely hold on... i just look for hot players on the court. seems to hold my attention when the game isn't.
i love your wife.
those were thoughtful good questions that we are all dying to know about apollo.
:) miss you guys.
Hey, those seats are right next to our good friends...but they were sitting with us that game...you sinner ;)
Loved that round...this one not so much. Saturday's game about killed us.
P.S Apollo is just too cute (like little brother cute). I got distracted a few times too.
Thanks Ash for having my back on this one!
We miss you guys too.
Glad you enjoyed yourself and Stacy too. The people watching at Jazz games is the best.
Uhm guys first of all I'm pretty sure we were at the SAME game. Second of all... Stace... my best friend is one of Apollo Anton Ohno's attorney's... and I've met him a couple of times. So next time you guys are in town, le tme know and I will see what we can do. Last but not least I am sad I didn't get to see you guys. I know this is a little late, but you can understand with how crazy school is, I hardly check blogs anymore. Miss you guys!!!
Post a Comment