Monday, October 22, 2007

The Trifecta is Complete

I've been meaning to make this post for a while now but haven't gotten around to it as we've had some issues uploading pictures onto our blog. Fortunately I finally got the pictures to work. Unfortunately they suck.

Anyway, ABells and I went to see The National a couple of weeks ago and they put on a good show. The "trifecta" is in reference to their album being one of my three favorites of the year, along with Neon Bible by Arcade Fire and Antown Graffiti by Pela (though one of these is looking to get replaced by the brilliant new Radiohead album). I had seen Arcade and Pela in recent months, so I was excited to finally see The National live. Bells was in class all night and missed the opening act--St. Vincent of Broken Social Scene fame--but was able to make the show before The National went on. He promised he wouldn't cry when they played Green Gloves, but I had my suspicions. They ended up playing that track as part of their encore and brought St. Vincent and the guitarist from Clap Your Hands Say Yeah on the stage to perform it with them. I think he got teary-eyed.

The National



The lovely St. Vincent

No comments: