Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Year In Music

So, some blogging hiatus. Basically, our computer takes so long to upload pictures onto our blog that I rarely have the patience to do a full post. As a result, this will be a picture-less post. A friend and I were just exchanging lists of our favorite albums of the year, so I thought I would include mine here.

1. Neon Bible by Arcade Fire
2. In Rainbows by Radiohead
3. Boxer by the National
4. Anytown Graffiti by Pela
5. Because of the Times by Kings of Leon
6. The Stage Names by Okkervil River
7. Sound of Silver by LCD Soundsystem
8. Cease to Begin by Band of Horses
9. Live at Massey Hall by Neil Young
10. Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters by The Twilight Sad
11. Favourite Worst Nightmare by the Arctic Monkeys
12. The Reminder by Feist
13. Spiderman of the Rings by Dan Deacon
14. Wild Mountain Nation by Blitzen Trapper
15. The Good, The Bad & The Queen by The Good, The Bad & The Queen
16. Hissing Fauna Are You the Destroyer? by Of Montreal
17. Night of the Furies by The Rosebuds
18. Friend Opportunity by Deerhoof
19. Icky Thump by The White Stripes
20. Armchair Apocrypha by Andrew Bird

Also getting consideration: Let's Stay Friends by Les Savy Fav, Person Pitch by Panda Bear, Untrue by Burial, Happy Birthday! by Modeselektor, Walls by Apparat, Sky Blue Sky by Wilco, Andorra by Caribou, Some Loud Thunder by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Beyond by Dinosaur Jr., Dumb Luck by Dntel, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga by Spoon, Random Spirit Lover by Sunset Rubdown, Mirrored by Battles, Our Ill Wills by Shout Out Louds, Under the Blacklight by Rilo Kiley, Wincing the Night Away by The Shins.

*There were a lot of albums I wanted to hear this year and didn't.
**Some of the "consideration" albums include albums that I've only recently picked up (or have had for awhile but negelected to listen to) and therefore didn't get to spend enough time with -- they could have possibly ranked higher.

1 comment:

Bbells said...

Are you pulling a Marie-Antoinette "let them eat cake" on us?
Give the people some pictures!!!