As most probably know by this point, Stacy got into nursing school and started this week. The story of exactly how she got in is quite amazing, but I feel that if relay the entire thing on the blog you'll be bored to tears by the time you get to the end. But, if you are curious, give her a call or ask her about it sometime when you see her. For now, suffice it to say that we feel extremely fortunate and blessed that she was able to make it into the program.
Stacy has wanted to be a nurse for as long as I have known her. Unfortunately, when she married me, my chosen path of career student somewhat derailed that for her. Our first year of marriage, she quit school and worked full-time since it was my last year of college and we basically couldn't survive with both of us in school. After we moved to Seattle, she had to wait a full year before getting in-state tuition so that we could afford for her to start taking nursing prerequisite courses again. This has been a long time coming and I couldn't be happier or prouder to see her achieving her goals. As you can imagine, she is also quite happy and excited to be starting school again -- so excited that she had me take a picture of her first day!
13 comments:
Congratulations Stacy!!! That is so awesome! Get ready for some fun.
Man, I hated nursing school. But it's so great to be done! Just keep your sights set faaaaaar ahead, and you'll make it! You're gonna be great!
Hooray for you!
Congrats Stacy we are proud of you.
Congrats Stacy! What school are you going to? Excited to hear more about it!
that's awesome stacy, and almost more importantly, you looked quite smashing on your first day. is that a faux dolce and gabbana on your shoulder?
congratulations. Nurses make bank in NYC - you will be moving here in a few years....right?
yeah stacy! we are so proud of you!and yes- you look smashing.
hey congrats! i want to hear the story! you can tell it over hot pot... this saturday? i think brittney is going to call you about it.
Thanks everybody! I'm really enjoying all my classes even though they are a lot of work. Sometimes I catch myself saying.....what have I gotten myself into!?!?
Congratulations Stacy! You will be the best nurse! Believe me, we've had a lot with Emma and you will be wonderful. I love the Tyler-taking the proud picture on the first day of school.
Hey Hendersons-
Two great things happening at your house! At least two that I know of. Stacy walking under the rainbow and into her dream (Congrats Stacy!) and Tyler scoring tickets to his favorite band and having the foresight to introduce his little brother to the experience of concerts with their dad (the Yoda of concert-dom) as well as his favorite band. (That was some run-on sentence).
Anyway-have fun!
Stacy way to go! I am very jealous because I have hopefully just 1 yr. left before I finish my re-req's for nursing school. I would love to hear all about how you got in. But really... Congratulations!
Tyler is like a proud Dad taking a picture of you on your first day! True love.
YAYAYAY for you Stacey!!! Hope you love nursing school. And yay for Tyler for supporting Stace in that...(I think some guy I'm married to might know a thing or two about the details of being a supportive husband...).
Hope she loves it and congratulations. From what I've seen, it's much harder to get into nursing school than med school...
Hugs,
Sarah
Post a Comment