
We show up to the party with a bottle of Chianti in hand (not even really sure what that is, but boy did we look straight trying to find a bottle of wine together at a grocery store in Capitol Hill), and pull up a seat on the couch at some guy's loft (still not sure who the guy was). In typical Aaron fashion, we become the life of the party -- which is to say that we are so unegaged from the rest of the group that you would have thought we were quarantined.
As we're sitting there staring at the wall, this guy and his wife come up and introduce themselves. The guys shakes my hand and says, "hey, I'm Stone, nice to meet you." I'm thinking to myself, "Stone, huh? That's an interesting name." It then dawns on me that I'm shaking hands with Stone Gossard from Pearl Jam. Holy s***! They both sit down right next to us and for the next hour I'm sitting close enough to him that I was afraid I was going to kick him every time I moved my leg. I wanted to tell him that he was basically responsible for one of my favorite albums ever (Ten) and how much I loved his band, but instead, I did what came natural: I totally froze, looked at Aaron in disbelief, and started texting my dad and Connors.
4 comments:
please tell me aaron wasnt wearing his hoodie the whole time?
I have to give you credit for inspiring me to buy my first Pearl Jam album, Ten, in 8th or 9th grade.
Thanks.
thank you for letting me be a part of the stone experience. made my day.
amazing. simply amazing.
Post a Comment