Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Completely Random Post

I just finished finals and Stacy is currently studying for her's which begin next week. On a spectacular day like today (74 degrees, sunny, slight breeze off the Sound), had Sterls not moved away, I'd probably currently be playing tennis. But, since he now spends all his weekends eating Rocky Mountain Oysters, I'm completely bored and Stacy said I should do a blog post. Unfortunately, not much is going on since all we do is study these days, but I just looked through our camera and decided to post some pictures of recent random occurrences.


A little while back Josh and Lisa took us to eat hot pots in the International District. Stacy and I were the first to arrive at the restaurant, and being the tallest, whitest guy in there at the time, for some reason I couldn't get anyone to pay attention to the fact that we were trying to get a table. But of course when Lisa shows up we get the table AND free dumplings. There are many reasons it's great to have Asian friends, and in our current food-obssessed yet entirely impoverished state, one of those reasons is because they know all the delicious inexpensive eats in the ID.

We also recently went clubbing, which might have been the most embarrassing thing I've done in my adulthood. The girls, of course, had a great time, and strangely so did Josh. ABells and I, as expected, had the look of death on our faces and couldn't wait to get out of there. Dirty just wandered around getting his drink on and trying to pick up on hot single chicks to replace his recently departed woman. I've reflected on why it is Josh is able to have fun in that environment while ABells and I suffer, and I came up with the following reasons:
1. He's significantly better looking than us -- seriously, the guy is like some cross between Adam Levine of Maroon 5 and Tom Cruise. He just fits in better with the beautiful club going people pictured above.
2. He dresses in a manner that isn't completely offensive to his wife or the general public. Hellooooo Old Faithful, which even with rather overt stains still seems to get worn all the time.
3. He can actually dance. ABells had convinced me he had club-ready moves when he spontaneously busted out the sickest pop and lock routine you've ever seen while watching an episode of So You Think You Can Dance; but alas, he has the same unrhythmic white boy moves that I do.

We went to the Seattle Cheese Festival last weekend. BBells and Stacy had a great time running around eating cheese while Abells and I moaned about how we wanted to kill ourselves it was so damn hot (88 degrees that day!). Please note that as of this year, the team featured on my hat hasn't won a World Series in a century. ONE HUNDRED FREAKIN' YEARS!!!

Unforutnately I've seen those hands reaching for that area a few too many times.

China is here Mr. Burton. The Chang Sing, the Wing Kong, they've been fighting for centuries.

That Jeff Fowler is a dapper fellow.

Our significantly more attractive, smarter, cooler, and all around superior other halves.

The last four pictures aren't very recent as they were taken around Christmas, but I just noticed we had them on our camera and they had never been posted on the blog. For the uninitiated, the Connors throw a Christmas party every year called the Neck & Nog. The dress code requires that you wear a turtle neck or sweater, and it has slowly (or perhaps rapidly) degenerated into a competition of who can show up in the most ridiculous outfit with the most heinous facial hair. Though to be truthful, it's never much of a competition as nobody can actually compete with Buxton. I have no idea where he comes up with his clothes for this thing, but we all know he's been able to grow an awesome mustache since about the 4th grade and that combination basically makes him the Michael Jordan of this unofficial competition.

10 comments:

Tyler and Stacy: said...

Yes, I did tell Tyler to do a blog post, but I didn't get a chance to filter the pictures before he posted them. There are two very embarracing pictures on this post and they are:

1. The first one looks like I could be 9 months pregnant, but I can assure you all that I am not. I also haven't gained a pound since I've started nursing school. In fact, I've probably lost weight due to the fact that we are poor. Talk about a bad camera angle!

and 2. The picture where we are goint to the cheese festival. Believe me, Tyler and I didn't plan to wear matching shirts that day. He left early in the morning to go to S.U. law school graduation and I picked him up there. We both know that lacoste shirts are so two years ago but again due to our low income those shirts are pretty much all we own right now. Sadly, this has happened to us more then once.

Sorry this comment is long but I felt like I needed to explain myself.

john said...

the only things that sounds worse than an outdoor cheese tasting event on a really hot humid day is a peanut butter tasting event on a hot humid day.
so if one of those ever comes up, and it's hot and humid, don't go.

john said...

also, thank you for ushering the neck and nog into the blogosphere.

john said...

My earlier comment may come across wrong.
I love cheese.
But my disapproval of hot and humid weather outweights my approval of cheese.

and i think you two look very nice in your matching shirts.

Ashley C. said...

i havent ever longed for winter in may until now. i just kinda like the neck and nog and how it forces everyone home to farmington. cant wait to do it again this year. thanks for the post tyler. good work. and fun pictures. makes me happy to see them.

Jenny H said...

Stacy,
I know I don't know you really...but trust me you do not look 9 months pregnant in that picture. You are darling.
I feel you Tyler on the team, and would've loved to see you "clubbing." My recent experience with Jane "clubbing" reminded me that I really am a white mormon girl. But, it was entertaining.

Heckachan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heckachan said...

you should see josh's abs... total a&f model. ask abells, he has seen them, touched them, and he may have even licked them while i wasn't looking.

J.R.G. said...

looking at the picture of the matching shirts I said to myself "funny, there is a tree in the background that makes Hendu appear to have the beginnings of a mullet..." I realized there is no tree, just the beginnings of a mullet. Thank you for posting the inner thigh picture.

Casey said...

G - that was quite a bit more than inner thigh dog...don't short change me. You took my innocence, don't take my memories too.

Also...
That sucks about Lacoste shirts being so two years ago.

Sincerely,
That pile of lacoste shirts I just purchased

Love to all.

Kc