
I usually leave the opinions on all things music to John Connors, because lets be honest, he is the expert. But I just wanted to take a minute to plug this artist because I am obsessed. Her name is Santogold and her self titled CD is the most eclectic mix of music and somehow it just works. Her CD is like listening to a mixed CD because every song sounds so different. She kind of sounds like MIA, but I like her better. Now if only I knew the words so I could sing along. Anyway, check her out, she will not disappoint.
8 comments:
I would like her more if her music didnt sound like she was totally ripping off tegan and sara THE WHOLE TIME!
I had a listen and I love it! It's like nothing I've ever heard before.
so i guess that means that santogold is not only ripping off 4albums of tegan and sara she is also ripping off "Joan Jett...and Voice of the Beehive...and Ani DiFranco...and Alanis Morissette...and Chrissie Hynde...and Concrete Blonde...and The Bangles...and, well, this list could go on forever....."
but i like her.
got your message - made me laugh!!! I am in no way irritated.
hey, cool album.
thanks.
keep 'em comming.
or, as they spell it in the english language, coming.
Post a Comment