January 1984: BYU football wins only national championship. I have no recollection of the event as I was just five, nonetheless, few things more important have occurred during my lifetime.
Sometime in 1986: Wreck my second car...life nearly ends at the hands of The Unit.
April 1987: Baptized
June 1991: First time to Wrigley Field...can only cry when Harry Caray sings.
March 1993: 1.7 GPA in 8th grade...life nearly ends at the hands of The Unit.
July 1994: The Unit piles us in a van along with Johnny to see The Grateful Dead before Jerry dies.
January 1997: Omarr Morgan comes up with huge interception and Cougars hold off K State in Cotton Bowl...first time I recall crying at a BYU win.
May 1997: Graduate high school...barely.
June 1997 & 1998: Jazz play in two consecutive NBA finals losing both...my most intense love affair with any team in sports begins.
April 1999-2001: Mission...very hot for two years.
November 2001: Mark Grace leads off the 9th inning with a single against Mariano Rivera...takes home a World Series ring.
August 2003: Marry my beautiful wife.
May 2004: Graduate college.
July 2005: Greatest baseball trip ever -- Camden, PNC, Citizens Bank, Great American and Cooperstown.
August 2008:






Review from the Seattle PI:
Radiohead: In a league of its own
AUBURN -- There are bands, and then there is Radiohead. That simple statement is enough to summarize the band's mesmerizing two-hour concert at White River Amphitheatre on Wednesday. However, there's nothing simple about Radiohead.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/375919_radiohead22q.html
Review from the Seattle Times:
Radiohead sound check: seething, soaring, squeaking — all good
For two-plus hours at White River Amphitheatre Wednesday night, life on Earth made sense: The best band in the world was the most popular band in the world, and everybody present felt the appropriate sense of awe.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/musicnightlife/2008129668_radiohead22.html
Review from the Seattle Weekly:
I’m inspired to superlative by last night’s show. To say it was mind blowing would be an understatement. It was more like a suicide bomber drove into my cerebellum. Granted, I could be on concert high. I’ve been known to turn into an obsessive compulsive lunatic after a particularly enjoyable show and I’m sure I’m on the sane side of a week-long Radiohead bender.
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2008/08/last_night_radiohead_at_the_wh.php
Setlist:
01 15 Step
02 Reckoner
03 Optimistic
04 There There
05 All I Need
06 Pyramid Song
07 Talk Show Host
08 The National Anthem
09 The Gloaming
10 Videotape
11 Lucky
12 Faust Arp
13 Jigsaw Falling Into Place
14 Climbing Up The Walls
15 Dollars & Cents
16 Nude
17 Bodysnatchers
18 How To Disappear Completely
19 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
20 Idioteque
21 In Limbo
22 Street Spirit (Fade Out)
23 You And Whose Army?
24 No Surprises
25 Everything In Its Right Place
Without a doubt one of the great moments in my 29 years of life. As I tried to sing along with Thom, I felt like I was 12 trying to sing along with Harry Caray all over again. Thanks Dad and Trav for coming up and battling the traffic with us (and for picking up the tickets!).
13 comments:
Hey stacy- i need your email. I am setting my blog to private and i want to be able to keep in contact with you.
Ashlee my email is:
stacyhenderson8@gmail.com
Tyler-
2008 has been good to us. I am happy that you were able to go, my favorite quote was from Seattle Weekly "It was more like a suicide bomber drove into my cerebellum." Oddly enough, I know what the reporter means.
Ben
Let’s not forget the momentous occasion of the Henderson family van breaking down somewhere just outside of Denver and having to drive the 12 hours back being towed behind a Uhaul truck…totally illegal! I’ll never forget how mad the Unit was.
Hmmmm no mention of Rett in here...would not have been such a memoriable life without him!! :)
there is nothing quite like experiencing good music with the unit. Sad I missed this one.
Hey Stacy... just thought I would let you know I passed my nursing entrance exam and will be following in your footsteps starting in February. So my question.... how much am I going to dread it? ;)
Hope you guys are doing well!
Hey Heidi Congratulations! I am really excited for you. Nursing is the best and worst thing that I have ever done. Almost everyday for the past two quarters I have questioned why I even wanted to go into this profession and wanted to quit several times. But I have also learned many valuable skills while in this program like: critical thinking, multi-tasking/priority, better study habits, etc. that I know will be useful throughout the rest of my life.
Before I started this program, someone gave me some good advice that I'm going to pass along to you. She said that through this progam we have to accept the fact that our houses are going to be dirtier, we will see our loved ones less, and we will eat more fast food than we ever have. And she was right. Don't sweat the small stuff because there is simply not enough time to get everything done. Also, take care of yourself because there isn't any time to get sick in this program.
If you need anything at all feel free to contact me. I don't know what books your college is going to use, but if I have some of the same ones you can borrow them from me. Also, my school makes us buy these books to use as an extra studying tool and they are fantastic! They are called ATI (Assessment Techologies Institute) and they outline all the chapters of the major books like Fundamentals, Med.Surg, Pharm, etc. Seriously, they are a lifesaver.
Well, good luck. You are going to be great!
wow. the concert looks amazing! one day can i hear the "how i wrecked 2 cars but age 7" story?
JC, another opportunity was about to present itself, but alas, it fell through. Neil Young is playing here and originally Death Cab was slated to open. They pulled out of the show, and rumors were running rampant that Wilco was going to pick up the extra night, or that Pearl Jam was going to fill in for one evening.
With those exciting prospects on the horizon, the Unit was thinking of coming up for the show. But just yesterday Death Cab announced that they could do the show, and my interest in seeing them as part of the bill is somewhere below zero. So now the Unit is contemplating a trip to Detroit to see Wilco and Neil.
Ha ha! You cracked me up! Sounds like a fun trip! Cute scarf!
add the steak and everything with the Unit and Reed, followed by the 59-0 shellacking of UCLA to the list.
Don't forget Ken. Epic day all around.
Post a Comment