
Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved musicals. It probably stems from when my parents would drive us to any county fair within a 90 miles radius where we would perform "show tunes." When I was eight, my parents got us front row mezzanine seats to Les Miserables in San Franciso. I love it and I almost tried out for the part of Cosette when it came to Salt Lake City but I was too old. Even though I was probably about fifteen at the time, I still claim that I could've passed as an eight year old orphan. My parents were also season ticket holders to The Capitol Theater where I have seen many musicals, some multiple times.
When I heard that Spring Awakening was coming to Seattle I told Tyler that I had go. But for some reason, I kept putting off buying the tickets. I never felt like I had the money at the time to go. So, my friend Brittney calls me and tells me that she got two tickets from her work and she couldn't go because she already had a work function that night. When she told me the news I was so excited, but then I got stressed. The tickets were that night and I had both a Med/Surg and a Pharmacology test the next morning. Brittney told me that I had to hurry and make a decision so I kind of made one without thinking......yes! Instead of studying, I went to the play with Tawney.
The play was nothing like I had ever seen before. The lyrics were mildly inappropiate and sexually suggestive, there was a small amount of nudity, and the overall tone was somewhat crass. I loved every second of it! I really feel like it is hands down my new favorite musical.
4 comments:
...at your service madame. Glad you had a great time and we didn't jump the gun in buying the tickets!
Spring Awakening soundtrack on repeat at our house right now. Thanks a lot, B.
love that show - Erica and I went with last year here in NYC. Not one I would recommend to everyone.
Jason,
You are so right, the whole time I sat there thinking that my mom would hate this!
Post a Comment