
School has been hectic for both Tyler and me so excuse our lack of blogging. Today, after a long day of learning about mental/emotional diseases in my pharmacology class, by the time I got home, I was exhausted. The only thing that I wanted to do was sit on the couch and watch endless amounts of TV. As I was flipping through the channels, I saw that Oprah was on, and although I am not the biggest fan of her show, I was curious to see who she would be interviewing. It was none other than Beyonce, my favorite person.
She was on the show to promote her latest album/movie. The title that she has chosen for her album is, "I AM.......Sasha Fierce." Um, was "I AM....Beyonce" taken? She went on to explain that she chose this album name because when she is on stage, she turns into her alter ego, Sasha Fierce. Beyonce told the Big O that she transforms into Sahsa Fierce when she puts her heels on and hears the crowd screaming from backstage. Tyler said, "I can't believe I am hearing this." And I can't believe that people eat this crap up. Anyone who has an "alter ego" is seriously crazy.
Then, they talked about her new movie coming out and even showed a clip. The movie takes place in the 50's...just like Dream Girls. Where she plays Etta James, a singer....just like Dream Girls. And the whole clip is of her performing and singing...just like Dream Girls. Get the picture? She sure knows how to expand her roles as an actress. Next, she is going to demand that people to take her "seriously" as an actress.
Finally, she sang her newest crap-of-a-song, where her performance could have rivaled Celine Dion. All the arm waving and running around the stage left me feeling nauseous. Is this what the music/entertainment industry has come to? Doesn't she have a whole team of people that could tell her how ridiculous she is and that she just plain sucks?
But then, Oprah just sat there and told her that her album is going to get "album of the year" and her movie has already begun to get rave review. But lets just be honest, O is always overly complimentary to anyone who shares the same general skin tone and Beyonce qualifies, even though she's so washed out she's about the same color I am. I've decided I am not going to keep my mouth shut any longer. This is my letter to Beyonce.
Dear Beyonce,
I hated it when you told me to "Pay My Bills",
Bootylicious is still not a word to me,
I didn't care when you were Crazy in Love,
And I hate both you and Sasha Fierce.
Here are a list of medications that I feel will really help.
1. Thorazine
2. Prolixin
3. Trilafon
Always to the right,
Stacy
P.S. These are drugs that are used to treat schizophrenia/multiple personality disorders.
2 comments:
Bravo. Excellent post. I hate Beyonce too. And Oprah. In fact, I hate all black people.
Ok, not really. Not at all. I just really dislike those two in particular.
wow stace, i didnt think you had it in you! you can sure tell off Beyonce but you cant send back a bad meal at a restaurant. Love the letter and love you!
p.s. i do love the song "if i were a boy"
Post a Comment