Thursday, January 22, 2009

Obsessed



Totally and completely obsessed. Over and over and over it plays on my iPod.

6 comments:

Cheerfully Charmed said...

Trippy...

mandy & ben said...

That's it, I'm getting it this weekend!

B

Tyler and Stacy: said...

Make sure you do it illegally. The thrill of breaking the law heightens the experience.

Shana said...

What's it called? I clicked on the pic and expected a link to a page where you could listen,but I got nothing.

Tyler and Stacy: said...

Shana B:

The album is Merriweather Post Pavilion by Animal Collective. It didn't make sense to link to any of the songs, because, well, I'm sure most would turn it off just as quickly as it was turned on. Their sound as a band tends to be very difficult and abstract (lots of experiments into noise, drone, off-kilter rhythms and truly zany melodies), and even music geek extraordinaires Ben and Johnny don't care for them much. Though I've been pushing both of those dorks to listen to this record because it is Animal Collective's most accessible and least abrasive to date, and this post was kind of an effort in that direction.

Oh...and Stacy hates it. She says it's too repetitive. I say it's judiciously repetitive. Whatever.

If you want to hear another January album that's pretty awesome and a bit more approachable try Fever Ray's s/t. Even Stacy likes that one. Maybe try the song Seven.

john said...

i appreciate the push. I will report back soon. give me a week. or two. or three... it is animal collective after all.