One of my all-time favorite albums turns 36 today. I just gave it a celebratory listen and it still sounds as incredible as it did the first time I heard it more than 15 years ago. After all these years it remains one of the boldest conceptual and flawlessly executed records in rock history.

6 comments:
I'm slapping the bass!
That's what she said.
one of the original and best headphone albums.
Speaking of which, I was listening to it on headphones today and noticed that at the end of Eclipse there's this voice in the background that says "there is no dark side of the moon really...matter of fact it's all dark." In the hundreds of times I've listened to this record, I've never heard that until today. It's almost not even audible if you just listen to it on speakers. Apparently the voice came from the doorman at Abbey Road studios.
It used to be one of my favorite albums. one of my male friends made me listen to it in 9th grade and I instantly fell in love with it, so he bought it for me...I have no Idea were it went.
Sometimes I lay back in my recliner with a stiff whisky drink and nothing but my bananna hammock on. I listen to this album and it makes me think of Tyler slatherd in BBQ sauce roasting on a spig in my backyard.
Post a Comment