As most of you know, Tyler graduated about a week ago and the whole weekend couldn't have been more perfect. The weather was warm and sunny, the ceremony was beautiful, etc. At first we started to get nervous because the flights out of SLC weren't looking good and we thought some of the family members would get left in Utah while the rest of us partied here in Seattle. But, by some miracle, everyone got on the plane. When all of us had already given up hope, Tammy was praying and telling everyone that it was going to work out. And she was right.
In true Tad fashion, he had everything mapped out in a full itinerary. He had planned every detail down to where we would eat, sleep and who was going to ride in each car. Now I have to admit that the logistics of having so many people made it difficult and somewhat frustrating, but we still had a great time and were so glad that all the family could support us. Some of our activities included: going to the top of the Space Needle, riding the monorail, eating at the Crab Pot, taking the ferry over to Bainbridge Island, seeing the Mariners play the Redsox, etc.
This is Tyler's I'm-going-to-act-like-I'm-not-embarrassed-that-my-sister-is screaming-my-name-so-loud-that-everyone-in-Key-Arena-could-hear-it face.
Here he is getting robed by the dean. We were cheering so loud for him that he was embarrassed. The dean told him, "you have quite the cheering section there."
I think this picture is funny because the arrows are actually on the floor directing the graduates so they know which direction to walk, but they look like they are almost pointing right at Tyler.
Aaron, Brittney, and Tawney were so nice to support Tyler on his big day. I have to give them a special shout out because they have been really good to us these past few years. There were so many times we had no food and no money, and then all of a sudden we'd get a random phone call from them asking us to come over for dinner. We are so glad to have them as friends and hopefully we can return the favor someday.
The whole family. Thank you everyone for supporting Tyler through school and especially on this day.
This is Suzi, one of Tyler's best friends from school, with her family. Suzi has been really good to Tyler making sure he has his assignments turned in on time, etc. She has also given us too many rides to the airport to count. Tyler and Suzi were two of five graduates to earn a joint degree. Go Suzi and Tyler!
Tad and Tammy, only the best parents ever! They have helped us so much since we got married. We are forever indebted to them. Thank you for all your help and support.
This is our "we did it" picture!
Aaron and Tyler doing their we're-too-cool-for-school pose!
Like I said above, the event couldn't have been more perfect. I was so proud of Tyler that when all the graduates came walking out my eyes welled up with tears. But then I quickly remembered that we would be taking a million pictures after the ceremony and I didn't want to have the "cry face." He really worked hard and I was so proud that he was able to attain this goal and close this chapter of his life. We did it, but most importantly we did it together.
9 comments:
Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment! We are so excited for you guys!
That robe looks good on you, Tyler!
You both should be so proud. What an awesome accomplishment. You have so much to look forward to!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an accomplishment for the both of you!
And really, it doesn't seem like that long ago I saw you in a brown one of those...
Hendu Congrats!! That is so freaking cool. Stacy you are a good woman for supporting him. I'm so excited for you guys.
Congrats! It was so nice to see you guys!! We love you!!
Congratulations Tyler! And Stacy too! I love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing. So exciting. What's next for you two?
Congrats! We are so happy for you guys! Way to go...
Thanks for the visit. It was so fun to see you guys. :) We miss you.
CONGRATULATIONS TYLER!!!! We're so excited for you to start you internship! You'll rock the house!
Thanks for the fun weekend!!!
That's freaking awesome - congrats to you both! Get a job in the Chi!
Post a Comment