Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Some recent concerts (mostly Bumbershoot)

So, as you may know, I (we) like concerts. Every year there's a very large festival at the Seattle Center, and until this year we had never attended. Fortunately we know a very high profile Seattleite that was able to score us some free tickets this year, and we checked out a handful of bands. A few of those are pictured below...

Hometown heroes Modest Mouse

Franz Ferdinand playing with that looks like Tron in the background

Another picture of Franz from the back of the crowd. I have to say I was quite pleased with these guys. We hadn't planned on seeing them but ended up catching most of their set, and despite an 8 minute closer that went on 5 minutes too long, I thought they had a very energetic and dynamic live sound

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

This is Karen O from the YYYs, and she apparently decided to dress like the Green Goblin. Despite the strange wardrobe choice, she was thoroughly entertaining to watch. 100% rock star that girl is.

This is not Bumbershoot but rather a show down at the Mural. And no, that's not Gandalf the Gray you see pictured here. It is actually 90s alterna studs Dinosaur Jr. J Mascis has a very gray beard, but the guy can still crank out a lot of noise

Until the next set of shows...

3 comments:

Ashley C. said...

Fun! Would love to see Karen O. She is a rockstar....

Cheerfully Charmed said...

So jealous you got to see Modest Mouse and the YYY's!

Shay said...

Karen scares me.
Like, really. I can't remember what it was that I was watching, I think it may have been Conan, but she is crazy insane when she performs.